Micro-Nano nov. 12
Infocom - oct. 12
Cleantech-Ingénierie - sept. 12
Biotech-Medtech-Pharma - sept. 12
Practical Computer Security – short course for Management, IT specialists and users, 7-11 janvier 2013, Lausanne
IT security has over recent years become a crucial consideration for all businesses and organizations across all industries. As the number of threats is growing, all those involved in IT infrastructure need to keep one step ahead and alert regarding potential threats to their business.
Designed to meet the specific needs of all those involved with computer security, EPFL has designed a modular training (each 1-day module can be attended independently) entitled “Practical Computer Security” which will take place 7 – 11 January 2013. Registration deadline: 30th November 2012.
• Get a full overview of the latest IT security issues
• Understand the problems and main solutions of privacy protection and of wireless network security
• Acquire an understanding of the underlying mathematical principles of information security and developments therein
• Obtain a clear picture of available cryptographic primitives for information security, how to use them, and how to select their parameters
• Learn about what IT professionals must watch out for to develop and deploy secure software
• Get hands-on experience of a few common vulnerabilities and attack scenarios